New Moon/Annular Solar Eclipse
25 º Capricorn 1′
Friday, January 15, 2010
2:12 AM EDT
A Solar Eclipse occurs when the Moon passes directly between the Sun and the Earth and blocks the Sun’s rays from the Earth. Solar Eclipses are very powerful New Moons. They are the universe’s way of cleaning house, and bringing us in line with life’s energy
This New Moon/Solar Eclipse in Capricorn urges us to reflect on where we are, where we would like to be, and what it will take to get there. What we focus on, we create. Just a few hours after the solar eclipse, Mercury turns direct at 6 degree of Capricorn on January 15 signaling that it’s time to give birth in form to the ideas that have been circulating during the retrograde period.
This is the most powerful New Moon for setting goals, initiating projects, and making a serious commitment to achieving your financial and career success.
Capricorn demands integrity, discipline and responsibility to accomplish this. So, if you have trouble with over-spending and staying on a budget, this is the New Moon to work hard on changing that pattern of behavior.
Who are affected?
- Those born within 3 days of January 15 or July 16; or have planets/house angles on or around 25 degrees of cardinal signs (signs (Aries, Cancer, Libra) may feel the effects of this new moon stronger than most.
- If you are born within 1 day of January 15 may be celebrating your solar return and may have an extraordinary year.
- Where is 25 degrees in the sign Capricorn in your chart? That area of your chart and life is ready for change.
Some Questions to ask yourself in this new moon:
- What things in your life are you resisting right now?
- Can you accept yourself with all your faults and limitations?
- Where do our lives need massive restructuring?
- Where or to whom have we given our authority away
- What have you come here to accomplish?
- What do you need help with?
- Who can help you with these things?
- Who is preventing you from accomplishing what you need to?
- Who is keeping you on track? Take a moment or two to acknowledge these people right now.
- Are we climbing the mountain of our most cherished ambition? If not how do we begin to? What do we need to delegate, streamline or organize?
Celebrate this New Moon:
Write your 10 wishes.
New Moon is a window of opportunity that we can use by writing down a wish list (ten wishes maximum each month) of whatever we want to have come true in our lives.
In her book, “New Moons Astrology”, Jan Spiller advises us to make wishes on the New Moon related to: schedules, structures, business, achievement, personal boundaries
- I choose to bring my wisdom to bear on everything I undertake.
- I choose to achieve position and status in my working life.
- I choose to approach my work with greater tolerance.
- I choose to learn from my responsibilities.
- I choose to be seen as a figure of authority in my own right.
The strongest times for wishing:
- Friday, January 15: 2:12 am – 4:01 am & 12:17 pm to 12 midnight
- Saturday, January 16: all day and night
- Sunday, January 17: 12:00 am – 3:21 pm.
Remember to write an Abundance check:
Abundance checks are a tool we can use to create more abundance in our lives. They are written within 24 hours after a New Moon.
How to write an Abundance check:
- Within 24 hours after a New Moon, take a check from your check book. Where it says “Pay to,” write your name.
- In the little box on the same line where you would fill in a dollar amount write “Paid in full.”
- On the line underneath your name, where you would write out a dollar amount, write “Paid in full.”
- Sign the check: “The Law of Abundance.”
- Do not put a date on the check. Do not write a specific dollar amount in the check. Put in a safe place and forget about it. The Universe will take it from there. Many people are skeptical about trying this until they do it. After the first time, they realize the power of these checks and do them routinely every month! Try it yourself and see!
Feng Shui Tip of the month:
- Place an indoor water fountain in your home, position in a favorable area to attract whatever you want in your life.
- During an Eclipse: “It is said that the effects of mantras are multiplied many times, with some texts saying each repetition during an eclipse is equal to one thousand at any other time, and other texts say ten thousand
The most popular mantras is: Om Mani Padme Hum
Pronounced: Ohm – Ma Nee – Pod May – Hum
This chant brings you joy & peaceful vibrations.
Shamanic Journey Idea: Journey inside yourself and find out how can you better channel your energies.
What to do on this New Moon:
- Go and see the movie Avatar. This movie makes us realize that we are part of nature, and that nature is part of us.
- When you get up in the morning go outside and connect with a tree in your backyard.
- It’s a great time to investigate changing from doing a job to career possibilities for your future.
- Ground your intentions in right action in the material world. Strengthen your willpower and commitment to purpose.
- Write down your goals for 2010. What do you want to create?
Capricorn Moon Affirmation: ‘With confidence, discipline, and dedication I can achieve my ambitions and fulfill my destiny.’
The Sabian symbol for this new Moon in Capricorn is: A nature spirit dancing in the iridescent mist of a waterfall. This beautiful image speaks of the power of nature to refresh and restore us. Did you see AVATAR ?
Where a Solar Eclipse occurs in our chart is where we are afforded an opportunity for new beginnings within the areas governed by the house in which the Eclipse occurs.
To find out in which house this solar eclipse falls in your chart look at:
- Aries-Sun or Aries-Rising ~ 10th house
- Taurus-Sun or Taurus Rising ~ 9th house
- Gemini-Sun or Gemini-Rising ~ 8th house
- Cancer-Sun or Cancer-Rising ~ 7th house
- Leo-Sun or Leo-Rising ~ 6th house
- Virgo-Sun or Virgo-Rising ~ 5th house
- Libra-Sun or Libra-Rising ~ 4th house
- Scorpio-Sun or Scorpio-Rising ~ 3rd house
- Sagittarius-Sun or Sagittarius-Rising ~ 2nd house
- Capricorn-Sun or Capricorn-Rising ~ 1st house
- Aquarius-Sun or Aquarius-Rising ~ 12th house
- Pisces-Sun or Pisces-Rising ~ 11th house
The Meaning of the New Moon in the Houses: The following interpretations come from the Day Watch report.
New Moon in 1st House This New Moon marks a time of personal beginnings, when you find yourself shot into the limelight and all eyes turn toward you to see what you’re going to do next. This may be somewhat startling, as it’s rather different than what last month brought, and you will need to step up and display your self-confidence in a way that wasn’t called on before. In a volatile situation you will need to have your wits about you as you will have a particularly high profile. The trick is to handle it with grace and not let it go to your head, as this too shall pass and you’ll want to look back on a performance that maximized the opportunities dropped into your lap.
New Moon in 2nd House For a day or so you may be under pressure to underwrite new projects or finance situations that require sinking money into them. It may seem quite urgent, but it’s a time when everything seems a bit more intense, so you may do well to stand back and take a second look before jumping in with both feet. Wise investments made at this time can bring good returns in the next couple of weeks, but ill-conceived spending could drain you in the same time period. Know you’re right, then go ahead one way or the other, as the one option you probably won’t have is sitting on the fence or putting it all off until later. Strike when the iron is hot or pass the opportunity on to another.
New Moon in 3rd House A flurry of activity for several days can have the phone ringing off the hook as new ideas and propositions that require either your opinion or your decision come your way. Your challenge will be sorting the wheat from the chaff on the fly, and sorting out the confusion that always abounds at New Moon, especially this one. The day is won by multiple, smaller choices made wisely, rather than hanging on a single issue, so don’t obsess but decide quickly and move right along to the next. This is a great time for currying new acquaintances as the air of intensity makes for strong personal connections and breaks through the barriers of unfamiliarity.
New Moon in 4th House This may mark a day or so of raised tensions at home as biological tides run high and elbow room seems harder to come by. However, used creatively, this can lead to new ways of organizing and arranging your personal space so it doesn’t overlap that of others. It’s a good time to start new home-related projects as a way to utilize the extra energy in a constructive manner. Letting out your deeper expressions of feeling to another can make things especially intimate right now, but make sure you express yourself clearly and are not misunderstood. The perfect time to feel “at home” with someone, either literally or figuratively. The only thing you’ll not want to be is idle the vibes are too intense to just sit on your hands.
New Moon in 5th House Find a party to go to, give one, or just party down where you stand the astral weather is perfect for it. In fact, anything you do for enjoyment will seem twice as good right now. Play with your children, or just break out the inner child, as you can more easily part with self-consciousness and spontaneity breaks out, well, spontaneously! If you call on the muse for a creative project, she will definitely show up (muses love parties, and children), and you’ll find that your juices flow faster and easier than usual. There can be a fine line between joyous adventure and risky behavior, however, so try to stay on the safe side of the line. A good time to engage, but not be, a designated driver both literally and figuratively, so that you can be safely irresponsible for a while.
New Moon in 6th House A good time to take your blood pressureif it’s not elevated now, you’re in really good shape. It can be easy to get worried about health matters now, but moderation is the right response. The temptation to throw yourself into a new regimen may run high, but choose your new path well before you embark or it will be a flash in the pan. The same goes for cleaning house in the workplace and starting off on a fresh footing. Make sure you’re not demanding too much of yourself in the long run you will not always have this much drive, and you don’t want to peter out because you can’t keep up with yourself. A good program is determined by whether you can keep it going on an off day.
New Moon in 7th House: This is a particularly ripe couple of days for finding a new partner or turning over a new leaf with an old partner. You may find a flood of emotional intensity coming your way and how you utilize it could largely shape the direction of the relationship. That means be particularly understanding and realize that though feelings may be overstated at this time and emotions run hot, the message underneath is sincere and needs to be taken seriously. Breakthroughs can occur now that you both might have kept a lid on otherwise, and you’ll be glad you achieved the new closeness, even though you may not be able to keep it going at that level of intensity all month.
New Moon in 8th House You may find turning over a new leaf this month entails tossing out the old and ringing in the new, but you should take a second look before doing that. What you may find much more satisfactory is to simply rework and refurbish what is already there. Sometimes a new paint job makes everything new again, so you don’t have to start over from scratch. They don’t make things like they used to, so preserve what you can. It’s also a good time to initiate that new credit card, but avoid impulse buying, as it’s easy to go overboard right about now. Ditto for mortgage or other loans — a good starting time, but just take what you need and no more.
New Moon in 9th House It’s a great time for planning, cooking up new schemes, or rearranging the way you look at things. Patterns you establish now do not need detailed follow-up until later, so you can stick to generalities until you’ve got it all properly roughed-out. Put on the finishing touches later. New publishing efforts, or any project that generally disseminates what you have to say, are well begun now, and you may find the pressure is on to produce. Avoid hasty commitments, however, as you don’t want to be held to something ill-considered or not fully thought out. Well begun is half done, so be thoughtful, deliberate, and measured in your efforts, even though tempted or even encouraged not to be.
New Moon in 10th House New developments in career matters may have you quite wound up for a couple of days and the pressure to produce can be intense. Too many things happening at once make it hard to keep track of things, but you can’t afford to leave anything out. It is as important to listen at this time as to act. What people are saying to you and about you very much reflects your personal and professional status and you will want to make sure that you are being represented honestly. If you give your resume a second look, you’ll find there are new things to say about yourself that need to be included. Taking a fresh stance can put you into new places, move you up a notch.
New Moon in 11th House Feelings run high among close friends and an intensity is available right now that can renew the love and passion that first fueled your relationships. It can be worth risking upset to get at what you are really feeling and share it with those that matter the most. Because there’s a crazy atmosphere surrounding it all, you can say things you might have hesitated to bring up and wear your heart on your sleeve without worrying about the outcome. The same ability to burst out of your shell will also aid in getting yourself into new company you might have thought didn’t care about you before. An approach of disarming honesty can make you welcome in unexpected places and bring you valuable allies.
New Moon in the 12th House Eruptions of the unconscious could bring both troubles and personal revelations to the surface right now, so you may want to be careful not to betray secrets or let the cat out of the bag prematurely. Don’t say the first thing that comes to mind, or you may give away more than you intend to. New deals are being struck behind the scenes with a strong sense of urgency, but they are not necessarily justified, so watch that you don’t climb aboard the wrong bandwagon right now. Wait until things come out into the open to make decisions, take sides, even though there appears to be advantage in secrecy. Open covenants, openly arrived at, are the better part of honor.
Remember that life is the ultimate adventure and a continual blessing. It’s time for you to explore, discover, walk your truth and live your gratitude in each present moment.
If you what to make an appointment with me please Email me at email@example.com